History of Marathon
Marathon Restaurants
By Jerry Wilkinson
The following is an eclectic collection of some of the early Marathon eating places. They are shown in no particular sequence and as images will download slowly. The image can be enlarged by left clicking on the image, then use the back arrow to return.
Operated by John and Doris Day
The story goes the Drop Anchor was built from a couple of Civilian Conservation Corps barracks brought from Summerland Key by Dean and Carol Brigham in the 1940s.
The Hickory after Hurricane Donna.
Overseas Lodge and Court after Hurricane Donna, 1960
Operated by Jeanette and Dale Bratton 1957 to 1977
The Seilers moved to Marathon in 1946. The Capt. Seiler Roundhouse Restaurant opened about 1951, then became The Thomas-Seiler Chris-Craft Agency about 1956. Later Gerald Murphy operated it as a grocery store and so forth..
At once a Drive-In, the South Seas was operated by Walter Trandell.
This was on Grassy Key.
Use Back Arrow to return to reading previous page or: 
To return to the Specific Locations and Keys homepage, Click HERE.
Return to Historeum
E-Mail to editor